As my cellphone subscription doesn't allow roaming, the vacation days have partly been a good opportunity to use my Galaxy Note I as an alternative test device in order to find out how many previously disqualified engines can come back to life after the xboard time management fix of CfA.
So, here's a quick summary of what i did on my vacation:
* Qualified 20 Xboard engines: Beowulf, Bruja, Buzz, Carnivor, Darky, FairyMax, GES, Gfc, Gk, Gullydeckel, Laser, MicroMax, Mizar, Morphy, PurpleHaze, Romichess, Sjaak, Soldat, Sunsetter, Toledo
* Qualified 1 Xboard engine update: GreKo 2015 (long awaited step forward since 12.5)
* Qualified 3 UCI engine updates: Danasah 6, Rhetoric 1.4.3, Sayuri 2015.05.07
* Qualified 4 new UCI engines: Chiron 3, Cinnamon 2.0, Rodin 8.0, Danasah Random
* Abandoned 7 Xboard engines due to incompatibility with Fischer clocks: Danchess, Faile, Jester, Kitteneitor, Mango Paola, Witz, Woodpecker. Although they play well with fixed time per move setting, this secondary time control always acted as a handbrake in Rapidroid.* Tested again 14 xboard engines without success: ChessOne, Chess Rikus, Dabbaba, Evolchess, Jfresh, Joanna, Kiwi, Minace, msKcp, Napoleon, Sachy, Wing, Xpdnt
This makes 125 Android engines in total and including 14 other standalone programs, next release will potentially include 139 programs.
Of course, this is possible if can manage to finish and process all necessary additional games. The task is scary but switching to a common time control may help go quicker.